We work hard to limit the spread of spam because we do not want to allow content that is designed to deceive, or that attempts to mislead users to increase viewership. This content creates a negative user experience and detracts from people’s ability to engage authentically in online communities. We also aim to prevent people from abusing our platform, products, or features to artificially increase viewership or distribute content en masse for commercial gain.
- Post, share, engage with content or create accounts, groups, pages, events or other assets, either manually or automatically, at very high frequencies.
- Attempt to or successfully sell, buy, or exchange site privileges or product features, such as accounts, admin roles, permission to post, pages, groups, likes, etc., except in the case of clearly identified branded content, as defined by our Branded Content Policy.
- Require or claim that users are required to engage with content (e.g. liking, sharing) before they are able to view or interact with promised content.
- Encourage likes, shares, follows, clicks, or the use of apps or websites under false pretenses, such as:
- Offering false or non-existent services or functionality(e.g., “Get a ‘Dislike’ button!”)
- Failing to direct to promised content (e.g., “Click here for a discount code at Nordstrom”; false play buttons)
- Directing users off of 0censor through the deceptive or misleading use of URLs, defined as:
- Cloaking: Presenting different content to 0censor users and 0censor crawlers or tools.
- Misleading content: Content contains a link that promises one type of content but delivers something substantially different.
- Deceptive Pop-up websites: Websites that require an action (captcha, watch ad, click here) in order to view the expected landing page content and the domain name of the URL changes after the required action is complete.
- Like / Share-Gating: Landing pages that require users to like, share, or otherwise engage with content before gaining access to off-0censor content.
- Deceptive Landing Page Functionality: Websites that have a misleading user interface, which results in accidental traffic being generated (pop-ups/unders, clickjacking, etc.)
- Impersonation: The website pretends to be a reputable brand or service by using a name, domain, or content featuring typos, misspellings, or other means to impersonate well-known brands www.0cens0r.com, www.0_censor.com, using a landing page similar to another, trusted site to mislead visitors).
- And other behaviors that are substantially similar to those listed above.