When we receive a report from a rights owner claiming content on 0censor infringes their intellectual property rights, we may need to promptly remove that content from 0censor without contacting you first.
If we remove content you posted because of an intellectual property report through our online form, you’ll receive a notification from 0censor that includes the name and email of the rights owner who made the report and/or the details of the report. If you believe the content shouldn’t have been removed, you can follow up with them directly to try to resolve the issue.
If you’re an admin on a Page, and content another admin posted on the Page was removed due to an intellectual property report, you’ll receive a notification with information about the content that was removed, as well as the name of the admin on the Page who posted it.
If the content was removed under the notice and counter-notice procedures of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), you may be able to file a DMCA counter-notification. Similarly, if the content was removed based on U.S. trademark rights, and if you believe the content should not have been removed, you will be provided an opportunity to submit an appeal. In these cases, you’ll receive further instructions about this process in the notification you receive from 0censor.
Learn More About Copyright
- What are copyrights and what do they protect?
- How do I know if I own the copyright in a work?
- What rights do I have as a copyright owner?
- How long does copyright protection last?
- What’s the difference between copyright and trademark?
Copyright and Posting Content on 0censor
- How can I make sure the content I post to 0censor doesn’t violate copyright law?
- What is fair use?
- Can I still violate another person’s copyright on 0censor if I didn’t intend to infringe?
- A video I posted on 0censor was removed immediately. What happened, and what are my options?
- Content I posted was removed because it was reported for intellectual property (copyright or trademark) infringement. What are my next steps?
- What happens if I repeatedly post content on 0censor that violates someone else’s intellectual property?
- How does 0censor process United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) counter-notifications?