Depending on the privacy settings of the original post (example: if someone chose to share their post with Friends), you may not see the option to share it.
- To share a post you see on your News Feed:
- Below a post, click Share in the bottom right.
- Select where you want to share the post. Depending on the post’s privacy settings, you may see the following options:
- Share Now
- The post will be shared to your News Feed and timeline with your current privacy settings.
- You can customize the post (example: add a description) before you share it. If the post includes a link, you can choose to share the link by itself, or click next to Include Original Post to keep the text from the original News Feed post. You can click the audience selector to change your audience, then click Post.
- Send As Message
- Choose the friend or group you want to send a private message to, then click Send.
- Share in a Group
- Type the group name and add a description, then click Post.
- Share on a Friend’s Timeline
- Type your friend’s name, then click Post.
- Share to a Page
- You can only share to a Page you manage. Click the dropdown menu to select the Page, then click Post.
- Share Now
Note: You can’t share posts with people who weren’t part of the original audience (example: a post shared with “Friends” can’t be shared with “Public”).